Monday, October 3, 2016

Introducing our new co-director, Lorna!

The DISHES team is incredibly excited to announce a new addition, Lorna Oppedisano, who will help Jeremy and Stasya plan, sustain and grow DISHES. Lorna's been connected to DISHES since the very beginning and covered our very first event for the Syracuse New Times back in 2011. What has she been up to since then? Here's what she had to share with us...

What do you do for work?
I’m the managing editor of Syracuse Woman Magazine. We’re a monthly magazine that highlights the achievements of women in our area. In my day-to-day, I get the privilege to interview and write about these ladies, and I’m inspired by them daily. I also coordinate with a slew of extremely talented photographers and writers to produce content for the magazine.

What do you do when you’re not working?
What most people don’t know about me is that I’m an introvert. I love to be as involved as possible and meet new people, but when all is said and done, I like some time to myself to recharge. So when I’m not working, you’d probably find me either outside or at the gym running or hanging out with family and friends.

Why did you decide to get involved with DISHES?
I’ve been a fan of DISHES since the early days! Back in college, I interned at the Syracuse New Times. One of my first assignments was to write about Salt City DISHES. I met the folks involved in founding the event, and have stayed interested ever since. I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to be a part of it.

In your opinion, what’s the best part of the event?
That’s such a hard question! OK, if I just had to pick one thing, it’d be the fact that it’s a community event. I know that sounds simple, but there aren’t a ton of events that are by and for the community and open to anyone who wants to be involved.



Welcome, Lorna! We're so very excited to have you on board.


No comments:

Post a Comment