We're happy to announce that our February 8th dinner, like all the DISHES events before it, is officially sold out! Thank you, Syracuse, for the support!
Sunday, January 25, 2015
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
DISHES is currently soliciting in-kind donations of goods from local farms! Know of someone who would be a good fit, or want to apply yourself? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll shoot back our sponsorship proposal document. Or, you can fill out the attached sponsorship form HERE.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Thank you, Carli! And welcome to the team!
Saturday, January 17, 2015
We've selected five projects to present at our February 8th event! Here's a peek at what you've got to look forward to:
- Second Line Syracuse! is a New Orleans style brass band with a Central NY flare. This project aims to improve Syracuse by energizing the streets with live music and bringing neighbors together with spontaneous celebration.
- Her Village Day, a gathering of women from many nations sharing crafting, art, ethnic cooking lessons, and more to experience the beautiful diversity of our community.
- Yoga for everyone! pitches the concept of free yoga for community members that would not otherwise be able to afford classes or have the means to travel to a class outside their neighborhood.
- The Songambele Cultural & Edalt Education Foundation seeks to assist refugees with reading and writing skills while allowing them to share their culture with the Syracuse community.
- The Cooperative Federal Student Cash Stash Pilot presents a new financial capability program at three Syracuse high schools, where students will use a smart phone app to connect with mentors and create and reach savings goals.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Last Tuesday, members of the DISHES team gathered in the kitchen of our new Co-Chef, Abigail Henson*, to get a head start on the menu for February’s dinner. In honor of this time of year and the history of preserving food to help us through the cold winter months, we will have a selection of fermented vegetables to taste at the February 8th event. We look forward to seeing you there!
We also want to give a big Thank You to Main Street Farms for generously donating produce in advance to make this possible!